Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is an Ethiopian CSO; non-governmental and non-profit making humanitarian organization established in 2014.
ASDEPO has registered under the new CSO legislation on charity and society proclamation number 1113/2019 with the registration number of 3528. ASDEPO is mandated to operate in all regional states and city administrations of the country.
ASDEPO is engaged in ten thematic program areas of intervention namely Education, Health/HIV and AIDS, Nutrition, Community and Family Support, Women and Youth economic empowerment, livelihood and Skill Training, Water, Sanitation and hygiene, Environmental Protection, Child Protection and Humanitarian response. According to the 2021-2025 five years strategic plan ASDEPO’s vision, mission, goal and values are:
ASDEPO aspires to see mothers and children in Ethiopia living in respectable circumstances as well as secure and healthy environment.
ASDEPO works to improve the lives of needy mothers, children, youths and elders from first to last escalating their access to health and education services, supporting income generation and improving the natural environment, using a holistic and participatory loom.
Gender sensitive– We are sensitive on Gender issues because to advocates equality of a person & community and also to add a sense of inclusion to the previously marginalized community. For a healthy performance oriented culture, our organization works a right mix of talent which is not bound by gender.
Partnership and Networking– We work with different government and private partners to advance our mutual interest and wide our Network to get organizations (Donors) who can help our company to develop our work.
Community and Child Participation-We believe that giving the opportunity for the community and children to involve in solving their own problems will play vital role in society given the development of their capacities and their autonomy.
Non-Discrimination– we support equally and inclusive to reduce the likelihood of discrimination by respecting diversity through providing person centered care. We use Fair employment practices law: we can’t discriminate based on age, race, color, sex and religion.
Transparency– we are clear, open, and communicate frequently with employees to make their assumptions positive about their job or their organization.
Responsiveness- We address the sensitivity of our organization to the voice of the beneficiaries and express in action. ‘‘We are able to react quickly’’
Respectfulness– We treat employees, stakeholders with appreciation and dignity to increase productivity, collaboration and improve employee satisfaction.
Sustainability– We focus on value creation, environmentally friendly production systems and the formation of human capital, social responsibility is linked to transparency, dialogue with stakeholders and care for the environment and the social inclusion.
- Improve the wellbeing of Women and Children
- Develop children’s women’s and youth’s potential and create an enabling environment that ensures their participation in development and economic growth.
- Enhancing gender equality (by fighting against gender based violence and preventing harmful traditional practices, especially on women) and enhance the social, economic and political empowerment of women thereby contributing to the improvement of the general life of the Ethiopian society.
- Improving the intake capacity and quality of educational service at formal schools and Non formals.
- Increasing the livelihood skills of youth in order to make them self-supporting citizens.
- Improving access to primary health care education and family planning (reproductive health) with better service.
- Contributing to the creation of clean and healthy environment for wild animals
- Undertaking poverty mitigation activities and participate existing efforts with the government, NGOs and other communal systems.